IMPORTANT: When I said that Firefox doesn’t properly support Text Services Framework, I meant it in relation to Dragon specifically. If you go into about:config and spell TSF into the Find bar, there is a setting to enable TSF support to True. However, this does nothing for Dragon; you still can’t edit vocally reliably. The setting is mainly for Windows Speech Recognition users, because if I understand correctly, previously WSR users couldn’t do so much as dictate, even unreliably. It seems, rather, that it’s Dragon that can’t totally utilize the TSF. So perhaps something more than TSF support needs to be done in order to enable select-and-say support. I suspect we have to start advocating more for SAPI support on Mozilla’s end — the hard work that nobody wants to bother doing.
- Quick note: Wireless/Bluetooth Kensington Expert trackball
- Mobility aid review: MTip crutch tip
- Stop mouse settings from reverting in Windows 10: X Mouse Button Control
- “Touch typing” with an on-screen keyboard: Virtual Keyboard meets Window Eyes
- Fire IE: trick Dragon and websites into thinking you’re using Internet Explorer (sometimes)