I am reminded again how precarious technology is. The other day I got an email from Jarte’s developer warning that it doesn’t work with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12, even if Detect DNS is set to 1. I’m on 11.5, and am fiercely glad I decided not to upgrade, because I’d be out a damn good word processor. Apparently Dragon 12 is glitching with other programs too, from what I hear. The developer hopes to work around it in a future version, but has asked Dragon users to contact Nuance about the incompatibility with Jarte. I’ve done so, for whatever it’s worth. I encourage you to do the same.
- Quick note: Wireless/Bluetooth Kensington Expert trackball
- Mobility aid review: MTip crutch tip
- Stop mouse settings from reverting in Windows 10: X Mouse Button Control
- “Touch typing” with an on-screen keyboard: Virtual Keyboard meets Window Eyes
- Fire IE: trick Dragon and websites into thinking you’re using Internet Explorer (sometimes)